How to convert a vehicle from left-hand drive to right-hand drive?
You can convert a vehicle from left-hand drive to right-hand drive. The conversion process of a vehicle from LHD to RHD is not an easy one. It involves the following steps:
- Dismantling of the entire dashboard, including everything below it. The harness can be inserted easily, but the dashboard needs to be repositioned.
- Replacement of the existing RHD steering rack assembly with the LHD.
- Repositioning of the pedal assembly. For manual cars dismantling of all three pedal mounts is required to reinstall them.
- Repositioning and realigning of the brake master cylinder.
- Inspection of firewall and repositioning of the accessories, including A.C. ducts, wires, blower motor, and cables.
- Adjustment of doors.
- Removal and replacement of wiper mechanism and motor.
ARMORMAX is an international company, and we armor vehicles from all around the World. Converting a vehicle from left-hand drive (LHD) to right-hand drive (RHD) is entirely legal in the U.S. RHD conversion is not a simple mechanical project. You should only let a professional complete the conversion for you.
Can you change from right-hand to left-hand drive?
The trained and experienced team of professionals from ARMORMAX performs this conversion for you perfectly along with the armoring. The conversion involves the following steps typically (see also above):
- Repositioning of the steering wheel
- Repositioning of dashboard
- Repositioning the side mirrors with angel adjustment
- Replacement of the shift know
- Exchanging the rack and pinion